[Openstack] Network service: Quantum and Donabe BPs

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Wed May 4 16:49:28 UTC 2011

Hi Ram,

My goal with the Quantum blueprints was to break things down into
"implementation sized" chunks, so developer teams could individually own
them and work on the implementations.  For Quantum, were were going to
create a couple high-level blueprints to discuss the use cases we plan on
using as milestones.

During our friday meeting we agreed on an initial set of implementation
chunks, and I'm in the process of creating the associated "stub" blueprints
on launchpad.  The plan is that during the network meeting next tuesday
different folks will bite off different blueprints to flush out more detail
and start coding.

Dan

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Blueprints are typically used for specific features, but you can also
> have "supertask" blueprints that serve as a way to group related
> blueprints together. Each blueprint can have zero or more
> dependencies, which allow you to construct dependency graphs. For an
> example of this, see here:
>

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/drizzle/+spec/replication-message-transform-library
>
> See the Dependency tree at the bottom.
>
> Cheers,
> jay
>
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Ram Durairaj (radurair)
> <radurair at cisco.com> wrote:
> > Hello All:
> >

> > As per our discussions in Design summit, created 4 Blueprint (BP)
> > placeholder for Donabe…and also see 6 BPs for Quantum …wondering about
>  need
> > for so many # of BPs…
> >

> > Could we just have two BPs one for Quantum and another for Donabe? That
> way
> > most of the discussions and the subsequent dev may be all inter related
> wrt
> > one of these BP…
> >

> > Sorry, new to this BP/Launchpad process…So not clear on why / how to
> > breakdown into Multiple BPs…I see a benefit if its all self contained.
> >

> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Ram

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira Networks, Inc.