[Openstack] Problem with "values" in JSON responses

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue May 3 23:35:02 UTC 2011

We discussed the "values" debacle at the design summit last week.  The existence of values is due to the ability of lists in xml to have attributes and to allow for extensibility.  The solution is ugly and we're looking at a way to fix it. The Rackspace Titan team (https://launchpad.net/~rackspace-titan) is coming up with a proposal for standardizing the json and making conversion to and from XML easier.

Vish