[Openstack] Cactus FeatureFreeze now in effect

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Mar 25 15:07:25 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

With a technical delay due to travel, our Cactus just hit the
FeatureFreeze deadline. This only affects branches that introduce new
features or changes in expected behavior ("feature branches"), not
branches fixing bugs ("bugfix branches").

Feature branches that were not merged with trunk yet can still be
proposed for merging, but:

 * You have to follow the exception procedure described at
http://wiki.openstack.org/FeatureFreeze (basically explain in the
proposal why this can't wait for three weeks for Cactus to open, then
request a specific "FFE" review from me)

 * The closer we get to release, the less likely it is that the
exception will be granted

There are a few branches in the pipe that were mostly approved and just
need a final push: I'll go through them and preapprove them so that they
are not blocked.

Starting now, -core members should not approve feature branches for
merging unless they get this specific FFE approval.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack