[Openstack] vSphere support merged
patrick.ancillotti at rackspace.com
Fri Mar 25 14:59:22 UTC 2011
Thank you so much for taking the blueprint I threw out on, and thank you all for making it happen. I'm eager to give it a whirl :)
On 25 Mar 2011, at 05:23, Ewan Mellor wrote:
The hypervisor-vmware-vsphere-support blueprint merged yesterday, so Nova can now use VMware’s hypervisors on the compute nodes. This brings the OpenStack compute options to seven: vSphere, XenServer/Xen Cloud Platform, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM, QEMU, and UML. LXC isn’t far behind, which will make eight.
I don’t normally go all Oscar Ceremony over a branch merge, but this was 5000 lines of code and over 3 months of effort, so I thought that a few thank-yous were in order:
• Neeraj Koul, Rochanglien Infimate and Sateesh Chodapuneedi for the code itself and for the automated QA systems.
• Ravi Gururaj and Milind Barve for project requirements, management and sponsorship.
• Armando Migliaccio and Salvatore Orlando for extensive peer review before we brought the branch to the community.
• Jay Pipes, Rick Harris and Rick Clark for the multiple review phases after that.
• Anne Gentle for assistance with documentation.
• Søren Hansen for updating the Hudson environment at short notice to get the merge completed.
• Thierry Carrez for release management and keeping us on track.
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
Post to : openstack at lists.launchpad.net<mailto:openstack at lists.launchpad.net>
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (including any attached or
embedded documents) is intended for the exclusive and confidential use of the
individual or entity to which this message is addressed, and unless otherwise
expressly indicated, is confidential and privileged information of Rackspace.
Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited.
If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail
at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack