[Openstack] vSphere support merged
Ewan.Mellor at eu.citrix.com
Fri Mar 25 10:23:42 UTC 2011
The hypervisor-vmware-vsphere-support blueprint merged yesterday, so Nova can now use VMware's hypervisors on the compute nodes. This brings the OpenStack compute options to seven: vSphere, XenServer/Xen Cloud Platform, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM, QEMU, and UML. LXC isn't far behind, which will make eight.
I don't normally go all Oscar Ceremony over a branch merge, but this was 5000 lines of code and over 3 months of effort, so I thought that a few thank-yous were in order:
· Neeraj Koul, Rochanglien Infimate and Sateesh Chodapuneedi for the code itself and for the automated QA systems.
· Ravi Gururaj and Milind Barve for project requirements, management and sponsorship.
· Armando Migliaccio and Salvatore Orlando for extensive peer review before we brought the branch to the community.
· Jay Pipes, Rick Harris and Rick Clark for the multiple review phases after that.
· Anne Gentle for assistance with documentation.
· Søren Hansen for updating the Hudson environment at short notice to get the merge completed.
· Thierry Carrez for release management and keeping us on track.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack