[Openstack] vSphere support merged

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Mar 25 13:18:46 UTC 2011

Awesome!

Impressive work everyone!

-S

________________________________
From: openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net [openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net] on behalf of Ewan Mellor [Ewan.Mellor at eu.citrix.com]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 7:23 AM
To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Subject: [Openstack] vSphere support merged

The hypervisor-vmware-vsphere-support blueprint merged yesterday, so Nova can now use VMware’s hypervisors on the compute nodes.  This brings the OpenStack compute options to seven: vSphere, XenServer/Xen Cloud Platform, Xen,  Hyper-V, KVM, QEMU, and UML.  LXC isn’t far behind, which will make eight.

I don’t normally go all Oscar Ceremony over a branch merge, but this was 5000 lines of code and over 3 months of effort, so I thought that a few thank-yous were in order:

·         Neeraj Koul, Rochanglien Infimate and Sateesh Chodapuneedi for the code itself and for the automated QA systems.

·         Ravi Gururaj and Milind Barve for project requirements, management and sponsorship.

·         Armando Migliaccio and Salvatore Orlando for extensive peer review before we brought the branch to the community.

·         Jay Pipes, Rick Harris and Rick Clark for the multiple review phases after that.

·         Anne Gentle for assistance with documentation.

·         Søren Hansen for updating the Hudson environment at short notice to get the merge completed.

·         Thierry Carrez for release management and keeping us on track.

Thanks everyone,

Ewan.

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.