[Openstack] OpenStack Compute API for Cactus (critical!)

Eric Day eday at oddments.org
Wed Mar 2 20:24:02 UTC 2011

I havn't seen much activity on this, so though I'd do a quick brain
dump of what I'm aware of:

Auth/global:
* Ability to lockout a user for some time period after failed auth.
* Describe zones and regions (replaced with Sandy's zone work).

Admin
* Describe instance types (list flavors).
* CRUD users and projects (should not be in nova, should be in common
  auth middleware/server project).
* Associate roles between users and projects (probably belongs in
  common auth project too).

Compute
* CRUD key pairs.
* Reference stored key pairs for injection.
* Console output (this is just a dump, not an ajax console).
* Ajax console works differently between ec2 and OS (I think).
* Metadata handler for booting instances. Not needed if we switch to
  only using guest agents or injection.
* Attach and detach volumes.
* Attach and detach floating IP addresses (this is not the same as
  shared IP groups).
* Associate and disassociate with network security groups.
* Connect with VPNs.

Network
* CRUD floating IP addresses.
* CRUD security groups.
* CRUD VPNs

Volume
* CRUD Volumes.

I'm not sure if image management via new glance and what ec2 provides
is ready yet, or if the semantics of all server actions are the
same. I'll let the reseident experts weigh in there.

-Eric