[Openstack] Need to store the Data using open stack storage

Juan J. Martínez juan at memset.com
Wed Jun 29 09:36:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 11:38 +0530, bharath pb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m new to the open stack , I have installed openstack storage on
> ubuntu 10.10 .
>
> Now I want store some files/data(XML data) to the openstack , I have
> stuck up at this part .
>
> I went through the developer guide but could not understand.
>
> Pls suggest me how to go with this ..? I want use java/python for the
> interface

The developer guide explains the API, in case you want to use it
directly (it's a REST API over HTTP).

In case you want a high level interface so you don't have to deal with
HTTP directly, you can use Rackspace Cloud Files Python library:

https://github.com/rackspace/python-cloudfiles

In Ubuntu is packaged as python-rackspace-cloudfiles, although I
recommend you to use the latest version available on github.

There's a Java library too:

https://github.com/rackspace/java-cloudfiles

Regards,

Juan

--
Juan J. Martinez
Development, MEMSET

mail: juan at memset.com
 web: http://www.memset.com/

Memset Ltd., registration number 4504980. 25 Frederick Sanger Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YD, UK.