[Openstack] Looking for Nova-network HA/LB solution , or another approach for instance network HA

郭耀謙 tonytkdk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 07:39:20 UTC 2011

Hello openstackers ,

This is Hugo Kuo
There's a topology as the link , in this design . HA and LB will be set in
app layer with two zones for fault tolerance . Due to there's no any idea
about nova-network host HA in my mind.
http://hugokuo-hugo.blogspot.com/2011/06/method-of-web-service-halb-in-openstack.html

Network mode : FlatDHCP mode

Q1.
Does ip-share feature been implement in current NOVA ?   the ip-share
function will make me easier to bind virtual ip for LB instance....

Q2.
Is there any approach to change instance routing gateway after request
metadata from api-server ?   Regularly , Instance traffic from nova-network
host . I have to change default gateway to another address manually in
instance.
For example
==================================
Nova-network : 10.0.0.1/24
Real switch   :  10.0.0.254
Instance        :
                     10.0.0.2/24
                     default gw 10.0.0.1
==================================
instance-01# route del -net 0.0.0.0/24 dev eth0
instance-01# route add default gw 10.0.0.254
==================================

How can I make instance auto setting gateway from 10.0.0.254? (After fire up
the instance , bcz instance have to retrieve metadata from API-server ,
instance request will redirect from nova-network)

Q3.
How about Nova-network HA/LB ?    Does anyone success to implement in your
environment?

Q4.
Is that possible to specify private_ip for new instance or an exist
instance?
Is that possible to auto set floating_ip during start up ? (I remember
Eucalyptus has this feature)

Q5.
Does Atlas-LB work now ?
http://wiki.openstack.org/Atlas-LB