[Openstack] Default ports for services

Ziad Sawalha ziad.sawalha at rackspace.com
Mon Jun 27 14:20:48 UTC 2011

We have the service catalog functionality in Keystone which provides
discovery.

We still need to complete the user story of how a service registers
itself; the functionality is available, but not fully documented as a
story.

The question of ports still remains, though. How do you find Keystone?
- Register a port as suggested earlier (that would be a port for the
service catalog?)
- DNS? SRV record?
- convention: 80/8080 (and raise conflicts as an error?)

We could also provide some form of proxy functionality if services are
running on non-standard portsÅ