[Openstack] [NetStack] Proposed changes to Quantum API

Josh Wilmes jwilmes at cisco.com
Thu Jun 9 19:58:57 UTC 2011

Thanks, Salvatore-

<http://wiki.openstack.org/QuantumAPIUseCases#Create_Network_and_Spawn_VM>’
 > use case). It has been suggested that orchestration should be avoided in
 > low-level services in order to ensure each operation is atomic thus
 > limiting rollback issues.

That seems reasonable.  I also think that this is only a useful
operation anyway if you plan on leaving unattached ports hanging around,
which I wouldn't expect to be the norm.

If we found that there tended to be a lot of that going on, such that
you might not always want to create a new port to attach a vnic, we
could revisit this issue, but I don't anticipate that based on my
current understanding of the workflows we have in mind.

  2)Removing operation: *GET /networks/{net_id}/attachments*

 > This operation retrieves all the resources attached to a network. In
 > nova the ‘detail’ action is typically used for this purpose. It would
 > make more sense to change it into *GET /networks/{net_id}/detail* which
 > would list all ports with all attributes of ports (including
attachments).

Fine by me.

--Josh