[Openstack] Uploaded Openstack Cactus in SID

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Wed Jun 8 17:10:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

FYI, I have uploaded Openstack to SID today. Both Swift, Glance and Nova
are in.

While the ftp-masters checked for the debian/copyright, they've found
out that something was missing in it. The folder contrib/boto_v6/ isn't
mentioned in the copyright file. So please, (Soren, or anyone), add the
following:

Files: contrib/boto_v6/*
Copyright: (c) 2006-2010, Mitch Garnaat http://garnaat.org/
        (c) 2010, Eucalyptus Systems, Inc.
License: BSD-Style

 Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
 copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
 "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
 without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
 distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
 permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
 the following conditions:

 The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
 in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

 THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS
 OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
 MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
 IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
 LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
 FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
 DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

I know I should normally go through bzr, merge prop., etc, but this is
quite trivial, and I don't think anyone can even disagree that this is a
needed addition to the copyright file.

As for the packages in Debian SID, please test them and report any
issue. I'll try to make a package for the latest version of Swift, but I
don't need to be as fast as the Ubuntu maintainer. Also, if any patches
were to be backported to Openstack in Ubuntu, let me know, and I'll
happily amend the SID packages.

This upload was made on my own name on the maintainer field, because I
still didn't get a reply for having the openstack at lists.launchpad.net as
open post, or having an Alioth mailing list to collect bug reports.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: Special thanks to the pkg-python-modules who quickly worked on
python-eventlet and the python + OpenSSL issue, so that upload was
finally possible.