[Openstack] Cross-zone instance identifiers in EC2 API - Is it worth the effort?

Brian Schott brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
Mon Jul 11 18:30:21 UTC 2011

Ahhh..  OK. The namespace is embedded in the instance ID depending on the type, so it should be sufficient to:
GET /servers/<instance uuid>
Regardless, uuid is sufficient and globally unique.

This doesn't consider authentication.  I'd assumed that username and realm and the like had been handled by REST-based authentication and would be available to the API service.

Brian Schott, CTO
Nimbis Services, Inc.
brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
ph: 443-274-6064  fx: 443-274-6060