[Openstack] Novatools ...

JC Smith jc at cloudscaling.com
Thu Feb 24 22:53:58 UTC 2011

What about an interactive shell like IOS, vyatta, python shell, irb, etc

$ novashell
novashell> show instances
novashell> stop instance foo
novashell> set instance foo memory 2048
novashell> start instance foo

Then wrap it in SSHD and you can embed nova into hardware, manage it like a switch, router, netapp, etc. You can always break out of the shell and get into the guts if you wanted to dig deeper. Down the road maybe you can introduce the concept of commits and rollbacks.

-JC

On Feb 24, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Eric Day <eday at oddments.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 03:48:25PM -0500, Jay Pipes wrote:
>>> I just don't want to end up with:
>>>
>>> os-describe-images
>>> os-describe-image-attribute
>>> os-describe-instances