[Openstack] documentation of flags, introducing of a naming convention for flags

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Feb 23 08:44:10 UTC 2011

Andy Smith wrote:
> (4) I did some work on a sphinx plugin that was never finished to
> automatically document the flags, I can put some effort into finishing
> that if we want it. It basically added the docs for the flags per module
> and could be expanded to generate a master list of flags document also.

That sounds great !

Ideally each flag would be a bit more documented in code (not just a
short desc and a default value) and the plugin would pick those comments up.

Then it can serve as a basis to write the flags chapter in the user
documentation ("OpenStack manuals"). This one needs a bit more human
editing (logical groupings of flags, explanation of several flags at the
same time...) but would use the Sphinx-plugin-generated doc as raw material.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack