[Openstack] Network Service for L2/L3 Network Infrastructure blueprint

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:39:45 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Armando Migliaccio
<Armando.Migliaccio at eu.citrix.com> wrote:
> I second what Ewan said about the coding style in nova.virt.xenapi. I was
> responsible for part of refactoring and I am no longer fond of it either. I
> still think that it was good to break xenapi.py down as we did, but with
> hindsight I would like to revise some of the choices made, and make the code
> a bit more Pythonic.

Nothing wrong with proposing for merging a branch that does
refactoring. It doesn't need to be tied to a bug or blueprint, but if
you wait until late in the Cactus cycle, it would have a smaller
chance of making it into Cactus since the priority is not refactoring
but instead stability and feature parity.

So, nothing stopping anyone from proposing refactoring branches.  :)

-jay