[Openstack] Seek Help -- Strange Problem on Euca- Commands in Openstack Nova

Chang Liu changliu.it at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 11:50:10 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I encountered a problem configuring the cloud controller of Openstack Nova
(Diablo release) on Ubuntu 11.10 x64 server. I've already done 'source
novarc', the commands 'euca-describe-availability-zones verbose' and
'euca-describe-instances' works just fine, but 'euca-describe-images'
cannot be carried out, with the following returning message:

UnknownError: An unknown error has occurred. Please try your request again.

Thus I cannot publish img on this server using 'cloud-publish-tarball'. All
the configuration is identical to the official starter guide, BTW:

http://docs.openstack.org/diablo/openstack-compute/starter/content/Nova_conf-d2s367.html

Reboot doesn't help; I've even tried re-installed Ubuntu and all Nova
components all over again and this problem is still there. Do someone know
something about it? Any help is appreciated :) Thanks.

Regards,

Chang