[Openstack] Seek Help -- Strange Problem on Euca- Commands in Openstack Nova

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Dec 28 14:08:59 UTC 2011

Hi Chang -
I've seen this also as have these guys:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nova/+question/179016

If you set --use_deprecated_auth in nova.conf to true it may work however I
also looked through the bugs to see if it has been reported and couldn't
find it, so perhaps this is fixed in trunk?

Anne

On Wednesday, December 28, 2011, Chang Liu <changliu.it at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I encountered a problem configuring the cloud controller of Openstack
Nova (Diablo release) on Ubuntu 11.10 x64 server. I've already done 'source
novarc', the commands 'euca-describe-availability-zones verbose' and
'euca-describe-instances' works just fine, but 'euca-describe-images'
cannot be carried out, with the following returning message:

> UnknownError: An unknown error has occurred. Please try your request
again.

> Thus I cannot publish img on this server using 'cloud-publish-tarball'.
All the configuration is identical to the official starter guide, BTW:

http://docs.openstack.org/diablo/openstack-compute/starter/content/Nova_conf-d2s367.html
> Reboot doesn't help; I've even tried re-installed Ubuntu and all Nova
components all over again and this problem is still there. Do someone know
something about it? Any help is appreciated :) Thanks.