[Openstack] quantum error (essex-2)

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 17:21:48 UTC 2011

2011/12/21 darkfower <atkisc at gmail.com>:
> hi, bard:
>
>    no , i exec quantum-server of the quantum-e2 version, but i see quantum
> is stable/diablo in the horizon/openstack-dashboard/tools/src/quantum.
>
>   why ?

Because interdependencies between projects is HARD :) Basically,
Horizon is choosing to code its interfaces to Quantum based on the
Diablo/stable branch of Quantum, to avoid any possible problems with
trying to keep Horizon updated to the latest Quantum API changes. We
do a similar thing in Glance for Keystone (see our pip-requires. we
have a specific changeset/SHA1 hash of Keystone that we target in
order to have some level of sanity in our development environments).

After E3, when projects start to focus less on features and have a
more stable trunk (stable in regards to API changes), then you will
see projects update their pip-requires to point to more recent
versions of dependent OpenStack projects.

Cheers!
-jay