[Openstack] Nova Subteam Changes

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Sun Dec 11 20:15:43 UTC 2011

2011/12/11 Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>:
>> Any time you find will be in someone's evening and in someone else's
>> middle-of-the-night, and most of us probably also have busy calendars.
> What is not clear to me is if you would like to reduce the amount of
> meetings or just not add more.

One step at a time :)

> Which ones of the meetings listed on
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/ are the most difficult for you to
> attend to?

I'm sorry that I can't attend the QA team meeting, the orchestration
team meeting and the nova-db team meeting.

I've accepted that my Tuesday evening is sacrificed on the altar of IRC
meetings. After all, it's only the evening and only one of them.  I feel
quite sad that it's virtually impossible for anyone East of here to
attend as it'll be during their night, though.

>> My business hours are 9 - 17 (5 PM) CET.
> In my experience many employers are happy to give brilliant and
> experienced developers like you ample flexibility in terms of business
> hours, offering compensation (monetary, free time, and other perks).
> Are these hours your choice or are they mandated by your employer?

I define my own working hours, but that's really beside the point.

Calling from 2 AM - 3 AM "working hours" doesn't make it a convenient
time slot, even if that means I take an hour off at a different time.
No matter what you call it and how much time you take off at another
time, it still means you have to get up in the middle of the night for a
meeting. And if I have a meeting mid-evening, that evening is lost.

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/