[Openstack] Nova Subteam Changes

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Sun Dec 11 01:36:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-12-10 at 10:13 +0100, Soren Hansen wrote:
> Any time you find will be in someone's evening and in someone else's
> middle-of-the-night, and most of us probably also have busy calendars.

We should try to limit the amount of meetings that require wide
participation to the very strict necessary. We also need to keep into
consideration that not every issue can be solved on a mailing list,
especially complex ones. Sometimes decisions need to be taken also
rapidly and I'm sure we all experienced that a live chat can help get to
a good solution much faster.

What is not clear to me is if you would like to reduce the amount of
meetings or just not add more. Which ones of the meetings listed on
http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/ are the most difficult for you to
attend to?

> My business hours are 9 - 17 (5 PM) CET.

In my experience many employers are happy to give brilliant and
experienced developers like you ample flexibility in terms of business
hours, offering compensation (monetary, free time, and other perks). Are
these hours your choice or are they mandated by your employer?

/stef