[Openstack] Nova Subteam Changes

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Dec 8 12:31:44 UTC 2011

Soren Hansen wrote:
> 2011/12/7 Vishvananda Ishaya <vishvananda at gmail.com>:
>> 1) Weekly meeting for team leads. This is a time for us to discuss blueprint
>> progress, multiple-team-related issues, etc. Going to shoot for Mondays at
>> 2100 for this one.  I really need the subteam leads to commit to making this
>> meeting. We can discuss at the first meeting and decide if there is a better
>> time for this to occur.
>
> I have a conflict in that time slot every other week, and frankly, I'd
> really like to avoid more meetings. I'd by far prefer keeping to
> e-mail, and if we (over e-mail) find something that warrants more
> real-time discussion, we can put it on the agenda for our regular
> openstack team meeting on Tuesdays.

The problem is the general meeting has less and less time to dedicate to
each project, so Vish identified that he could not get efficient subteam
feedback and inter-subteam coordination from it... hence the need for a
new meeting slot. It could be a short one (30min) at start.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack