[Openstack] HPC with Openstack?

Cole coleton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 22:08:55 UTC 2011

First and foremost:
http://wiki.openstack.org/HeterogeneousSgiUltraVioletSupport

With Numa and lightweight container technology (LXC / OpenVZ) you can
achieve very close to real hardware performance for certain HPC
applications.  The problem with technologies like LXC is there isn't a ton
of logic to address the cpu affinity that other hypervisors offer (which
generally wouldn't be ideal for HPC).

On the interconnect side.  There are plenty of open-mx(
http://open-mx.gforge.inria.fr/) HPC applications running on everything
from single channel 1 gig to bonded 10 gig.

This is an area I'm personally interested in and have done some testing and
will be doing more.  If you are going to try HPC with ethernet, Arista
makes the lowest latency switches in the business.

Cole
Nebula