[Openstack] Automated Test Suite for OpenStack

Dan Prince dan.prince at rackspace.com
Tue Aug 30 13:28:17 UTC 2011

I Kiran,

If you are interested in functionally testing the various openstack API's you might check out the following:

https://github.com/rackspace-titan/stacktester (v1.1 OSAPI tests written in Python)

https://github.com/dprince/openstack_vpc/tree/master/tests/ruby (v1.0 OSAPI tests using Ruby bindings)

Also, You can run the nova 'smoketests' directory tests which help verify the EC2 API functionality.

We've also got a system called 'SmokeStack' which has the ability to run these three test suites on Nova configurations using both libvirt and XenServer. If you are interested in a system to run tests on arbitrary nova/glance branch builds you might check out:

http://wiki.openstack.org/smokestack

Hope this helps.

Dan