[Openstack] [Nova, Glance] diablo-4 milestone proposed candidates

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Aug 23 15:00:31 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

As we prepare to release the diablo-4 milestone, the milestone-proposed
branches for Nova and Glance were updated to reflect diablo-4 development.

We are now under feature freeze: only features that are deemed critical
to the success of Diablo will now be allowed in trunk, until Essex opens
(September 8). The feature lists will be reviewed today at the team
meeting. Note that this does not affect bugfix branches, which can
freely be merged.

Now we need to test the milestone candidates to ensure no critical
regression was recently introduced.

In a few hours you should be able to test the candidates on Ubuntu by
enabling:
ppa:nova-core/milestone-proposed
ppa:glance-core/milestone-proposed

Alternatively, you can directly check out the branches at:
lp:~hudson-openstack/nova/milestone-proposed
https://github.com/openstack/glance/tree/milestone-proposed

Let us know of any issue. The ones we try to fix before milestone
release will be listed at the milestone pages:
https://launchpad.net/nova/+milestone/diablo-4
https://launchpad.net/glance/+milestone/diablo-4

Our current plan is to release Thursday morning, US time.
Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack