[Openstack] keystone-admin-role question

Ziad Sawalha ziad.sawalha at rackspace.com
Tue Aug 23 14:28:41 UTC 2011

Hi Rafael -

These are special roles that allow you to administer Keystone itself or act as a service (register yourself, your endpoints, and your roles). Those operations are global and make no sense at the tenant level (at least I haven't seen a valid use case for them at the tenant level).

As for being able to administer a tenant (example, having an Admin role on a tenant so you can, for example, grant users access to that tenant), that’s a valid future use case that isn't being addressed right now. We're leaving that use case to be addressed through extensions (and are proposing some in the Diablo timeframe).