[Openstack] Please welcome OpenStack's new community manager, Stefano Maffulli

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 19:55:03 UTC 2011

Hello all!

I'd like everyone to welcome Stefano Maffulli to the OpenStack
project! Stefano is OpenStack's new community manager and will be
leading efforts to grow and strengthen OpenStack's user and developer
community. Stefano brings with him a wealth of community-building
experience from working with the Free Software Foundation, Funambol,
Twitter and most-recently the FreedomBox Foundation. Oh, did I mention
he's an architect, too? Not the IT kind... the building kind. And
Stefano is hoping to build our little OpenStack community into one of
the open source world's most engaging and innovative communities.

Anyway, if you have a moment, drop Stefano an email (or just respond
to this post), and tell him who you are, what you do, what you like
and don't like about OpenStack, suggestions for things you'd like to
see happen in the community and any insights you have on what makes
this community, in particular, tick. I'm sure he'd be delighted to
hear from you.

Stefano's email is stefano at maffulli.net (soon to be available also at
stefano at openstack.org) and his IRC nick is "reed".

I'd also like to thank Stephen Spector for his work as Community
Manager. He is taking on a new role, but will be instrumental in
helping Stefano get up to speed, and will continue to focus on making
sure the October design summit comes off with out a hitch.

Cheers,
jay