[Openstack] Moving code hosting to GitHub

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Wed Apr 27 01:12:07 UTC 2011

On 04/27/2011 02:24 AM, Soren Hansen wrote:
> 2011/4/26 Thomas Goirand <thomas at goirand.fr>:
>> On 04/26/2011 10:35 PM, Soren Hansen wrote:
>>> I don't recall seeing anything that makes that a useful nor accurate
>>> summary. Opinions have been voiced, that's all.
>> Re-read then. What you believe are opinions might well be seen by their
>> authors as useful and accurate points.
>
> And you find this to be true only for the people commenting in favour of
> git?

No. Just commenting on your "Opinions have been voiced, that's all",
which I don't agree with. To me, there's been accurate and useful strong
points in this thread (on both sides).

> Depends *very* much on the people. If you just sit down and learn the
> 3-5 commands needed to get working, the cost is very, very small.

Knowing 3-5 commands isn't enough, and that's most of the time the
issues with "using bzr for git users" tutorials: they tend to think that
you're ok with the most basics command, and that you wont ever need
more. Truth is you do, and finding the relevant information for the
thing you need takes time (a big cost, to use your own words...). If you
find a "learning quickly advanced bzr commands for git users" type of
tutorial, I might change my mind! :)

Thomas