[Openstack] Thinking about Openstack Volume API

Erik Carlin erik.carlin at rackspace.com
Sat Apr 23 03:02:45 UTC 2011

To promote consistency across OpenStack APIs, I suggest we follow the same model as in OS compute.  That is, have a high level entity called /flavors.  One can query flavors to determine what types of volumes are available (based on sla, performance tiers, whatever) then pass in the flavor ID during a POST /volumes.  Different flavors would likely be charged at different rates so volume usage can also include flavor for billing purposes.

Erik