[Openstack] Enhancements to Glance in Diablo? Input welcomed

Eric Day eday at oddments.org
Tue Apr 19 17:58:37 UTC 2011

Is the existing OpenStack dashboard project modular enough to
support other applications? So far it seems to mostly be a "Nova
dashboard", but it would be nice if each project didn't need its own
application/dashboard. Instead each project could have a tab or section
within the OpenStack dashboard. Glance could then be accessed through
the nova section (via Nova's OpenStack API) or the glance section
(direct glance API). You could add/remove application modules as
needed in the configuration.

I'm already thinking of a dashboard for Burrow for monitoring queue
sizes and other metrics, and it would be awesome if this could be
built on top of openstack-dashboard.

With this type of integration, we could provide group views (zone,
cluster, etc) that had a summary and health report of each of the
applications running in a group.

-Eric