[Openstack] Any progress on RequestCapabilities? Can I contribute?

Ed Leafe ed.leafe at rackspace.com
Mon Apr 4 11:32:29 UTC 2011

On Apr 2, 2011, at 10:03 PM, Jagane Sundar wrote:

> I was wondering if there has been any progress on the following proposal:
>
> http://wiki.openstack.org/RequestCapabilities
>
> I am interested in implementing 'thin provisioning' capability using the framework outlined at the above webpage.
> This will be for KVM Virtualization initially, perhaps other Virtualization technoloties later on.
>
> Before I go off and write code, I would like to know if there is active development on this proposal, or any interest in 'thin provisioning'.

	I'm working on the distributed scheduler (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/distributed-scheduler), which is the first step in adding the sort of host selection across a complex installation. Sandy Walsh has added the ability for individual hosts to report their capabilities up through the zone hierarchy, where they can be aggregated for more efficient request routing. This will provide the basis for a much more robust means of specifying a host than just "availability zone", which will probably become just one of many potential attributes that one can select for.

-- Ed Leafe

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.