[Openstack] OpenStack automate replication

Marek Denis marek at octogan.net
Sat Apr 2 20:32:58 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have been trying to find out some info about features OpenStack
provide and still cannot figure out whether 'cloud features' are
available by default. By 'cloud features' I mean proper handling
situations where we have many instances running on many different
hardware servers. Suddently one server (physically) goes down, something
bad happened. How will the OpenStack as a cloud behave by default? Will
it run all the lost instances on other hardware servers or this should
be specifically configured or programmed? How about data replication?
Users shouldn't notice anything, as all the instances are ran in the
cloud. Is it available by default? I couldn't find any docs that would
explain these topics in a detailed way. Thanks for your explanation.
--
regards