[Openstack] What each Bug status should mean

Eric Day eday at oddments.org
Wed Nov 24 17:10:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:51:02AM +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> The first question is what "Fix committed" and "Fix released" should
> mean. There are two possible directions:

I'm good either way, I think both side are valid.

> The second question revolves around the "Confirmed" and "Triaged"
> states. I would use "Confirmed" when the bug has been acknowledged as a
> real bug and had its "Importance" set. Or should we restrict it to bugs
> that have been strictly reproduced ?

Confirmed = reproduced. We should stick with the normal definition
of triaged which is setting priorities for patients (bugs). This will
most likely involve digging into the bug to know what's actually wrong,
how you might go about fixing it, and possibility assigning someone
who would be best for the job.

-Eric

> The last question is about the "Opinion" and "Wont Fix" statuses, which
> sound redundant to me, unless someone can suggest a good distinction
> between them ?

I don't think I've ever used opinion, I just use "Won't fix". Perhaps
the difference is one removes it from the default list and one
does not?

-Eric