[Openstack-track-chairs] what to do with operator talks?

Gary Kevorkian (gkevorki) gkevorki at cisco.com
Sun Feb 18 20:18:19 UTC 2018

Operator-centric talks aren’t the only ones. At future Summits, we may need to embrace the “Grab Bag” track that I’ve seen at other events. ☺

Gary Kevorkian
EVENT MARKETING MANAGER
gkevorki at cisco.com
Tel: +3237912058
 <http://wwwin.cisco.com/c/cec/organizations/gmcc/services-tools/twitter.com/GARY805>
 <http://cisco.webex.com/meet/gkevorki>  <https://ciscospark.com/gkevorki>  <http://reachme.cisco.com/call/gkevorki>
Cisco Systems, Inc.
United States
Cisco.com <http://www.cisco.com/>

Think before you print.
Please click here <http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/legal/terms-sale-software-license-agreement/company-registration-information.html> for Company Registration Information.

On 2/18/18, 12:10 PM, "Allison Randal" <allison at lohutok.net> wrote:

    At previous Summits, did we have an Operators track? There seem to be a
    large number of talks scattered across the tracks that are basically
    just tips, tricks, and best practices for operating an OpenStack cloud.
    The track chairs for all the tracks keep trying to kick these talks to
    other tracks, but they don't seem to really fit anywhere, so the move
    requests get repeatedly rejected.

    I don't really have a solution, I'm just making an observation that we
    may not be serving our operator audience well if these talks all get
    dropped just because they don't seem to match any current tracks.

    Allison