[Openstack-track-chairs] what to do with operator talks?

Allison Randal allison at lohutok.net
Sun Feb 18 20:10:28 UTC 2018

At previous Summits, did we have an Operators track? There seem to be a
large number of talks scattered across the tracks that are basically
just tips, tricks, and best practices for operating an OpenStack cloud.
The track chairs for all the tracks keep trying to kick these talks to
other tracks, but they don't seem to really fit anywhere, so the move
requests get repeatedly rejected.

I don't really have a solution, I'm just making an observation that we
may not be serving our operator audience well if these talks all get
dropped just because they don't seem to match any current tracks.

Allison