[Openstack-track-chairs] Guidance on Vendor Specific Presentations?

Major Hayden major at mhtx.net
Mon Feb 13 17:02:25 UTC 2017

On 02/13/2017 10:29 AM, SaintRossy, James wrote:
> I’m a 1st time track chair so pardon my ignorance if this question seems obvious.  In my initial review for the storage track I see several presentations that are vendor specific and possibly closed source.  Should that have any bearing on our evaluations?

My approach has been to examine the abstract to see if the vendor emphasis is heavy or not.

For example, if an abstract mentions five ways to create secure neutron networks, but only one of them references the speaker's product, I'm more inclined to accept it.  This sounds more educational/instructive with a plug at the end.

If the abstract only mentions one product all the way through, I tend to avoid it.

--
Major Hayden