[openstack-tc] Office hours times

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed May 17 18:32:29 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-17 12:39:33 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
> If we want 3 of them, I would suggest one EU <-> China compatible spot,
> one US <-> EU compatible spot, and one China <-> PT friendly spot, so
> maybe: 1utc, 9utc, 15utc ?

That first one is right around bedtime for me, so a bit of a stretch
but I'd probably make a point of hanging out in IRC a little later
that night of the week when I can; I have a feeling we'll get
most/all of the current TC members present given our current
geographic distribution. The second one is pretty unlikely for me
but hopefully our (4 now?) EMEA members will have it well in hand
while we try to drum up interest in APAC participation. Third is
mid/late-morning so I expect I'd nearly always be around for at
least that one (barring occasional conflicts).

Is 15:00z really convenient for Asia/Oceania though? I guess we
can't really shrink the Pacific Ocean...

> If we want 4 of them (6-hour cycle), maybe: 9utc, 15utc, 21utc, 3utc but
> then I would expect low attendance on the 3utc spot

The 03:00z option there would likely be doable for those in the
western Americas and _very_ convenient for APAC. It would be more of
a stretch for those of us in the eastern Americas, but we should be
able to cover the 15:00z and 21:00z slots pretty well in return.
--
Jeremy Stanley