[openstack-tc] TC Meeting tomorrow Tue Apr 18th, 20:00 UTC

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:31:19 UTC 2017

Hello Thierry.  I realize it's late to submit an item for open
discussion, but if there is some time, could you please convey the
following to the TC:

Here's an update on the Glance project given the recent occurrence that
was reported here: http://tinyurl.com/nypjqc5

With respect to the Glance PTL situation: the OpenStack community has
been very supportive in making connections, and I'm investigating
possibilities with a few companies.  But things are tough all over, and
I can't see through a brick wall better than anyone else, so I have no
idea at the moment whether after April 28 I'll be able to spend
sufficient time working upstream to fulfill my PTL duties.  But that's
not what's worrying me right now.

The occurrence referred to above appears to have affected the most
active Glance core contributors.  (As far as I know, they're currently
in the same state I am, not knowing what their respective situations
relative to Glance will be after the next few weeks.)  Thus, there's a
significant possibility that soon Glance will be running on two core
contributors, who I'd estimate have been able to spend at most half of
their time on Glance this cycle, and two core contributors whose duties
are currently such that they don't have much time at all to spend
on Glance.

I'm still planning to hold the Glance virtual midcycle this week
(Thursday, 14:00-17:00 UTC):

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/glance-pike-virtual-midcycle

We'll be reconsidering the Pike priorities in light of the above.

Sorry I don't have more details, but things are in a state of flux right
now.  But I figure it's my duty as PTL to keep the TC in the loop about
the personnel situation in one of the core projects.

Respectfully,

Brian Rosmaita
Glance PTL for Pike