[openstack-tc] rescheduling bug-smash event

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Jan 29 19:26:59 UTC 2016

TC Members,

This week a "Global Bug Smash" event involving quite a few of our
larger contributing companies was announced as scheduled for March
2-4 [1]. Those dates overlap exactly with our feature freeze deadline
for Mitaka, so I contacted the organizers of the event (some of
whom are copied on this thread) about rescheduling the event. After
explaining my concerns, I suggested that the event move to the
following week, possibly March 7-9.

Most everyone was understanding about the conflict. Shane Wang seems
to be the main person coordinating the event, and he thought it was
very possible it could be rescheduled. He did want to get the TC's
opinion of the new date. I've added the topic to our agenda for
Tuesday's meeting [2], but also wanted to give everyone notice of
that in case you have questions that Shane or I can answer before
then.

For now it would be most helpful to have a clear indication of your
preference for Mar 2-4 or 7-9, though I'll be happy with any dates
between Mar 7-11, if for some reason 7-9 doesn't actually work for
the organizers. At some point, I would also like to brainstorm ideas
for avoiding this sort of scheduling conflict in the future, but
that can come after we've dealt with the more immediate issue.

Doug

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/085196.html
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee