[openstack-tc] rescheduling bug-smash event

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Jan 29 20:13:42 UTC 2016

All the options seem fine to me. I don't think we want to be in the
business of arbitrating bottom-up events; but possibly the major
deadlines etc weren't clear enough? Shane - where you aware of the
conflicting dates [and thus didn't consider the conflict important],
or didn't realise there were conflicting dates?

-Rob

On 30 January 2016 at 08:26, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
> TC Members,
>
> This week a "Global Bug Smash" event involving quite a few of our
> larger contributing companies was announced as scheduled for March
> 2-4 [1]. Those dates overlap exactly with our feature freeze deadline
> for Mitaka, so I contacted the organizers of the event (some of
> whom are copied on this thread) about rescheduling the event. After
> explaining my concerns, I suggested that the event move to the
> following week, possibly March 7-9.
>
> Most everyone was understanding about the conflict. Shane Wang seems
> to be the main person coordinating the event, and he thought it was
> very possible it could be rescheduled. He did want to get the TC's
> opinion of the new date. I've added the topic to our agenda for
> Tuesday's meeting [2], but also wanted to give everyone notice of
> that in case you have questions that Shane or I can answer before
> then.
>
> For now it would be most helpful to have a clear indication of your
> preference for Mar 2-4 or 7-9, though I'll be happy with any dates
> between Mar 7-11, if for some reason 7-9 doesn't actually work for
> the organizers. At some point, I would also like to brainstorm ideas
> for avoiding this sort of scheduling conflict in the future, but
> that can come after we've dealt with the more immediate issue.
>
> Doug
>

> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/085196.html
> [2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee

Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>