[openstack-tc] Reddwarf application for incubation

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 10:02:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 17:31 -0400, Monty Taylor wrote:
> For me, I think that RedDwarf is a good fit for us, and I see it as an
> essential part of a cloud offering. I'm not sure about where it falls in
> the IaaS/PaaS split, and I have to be honest I don't care, because I
> don't think that a user of a cloud ever says "today I want to use some
> IaaS!"

That's where I'm at too, I think.

To the point that such services should be based on Heat and that there
should be a framework for building similar services - that's my instinct
too and if there's general agreement on that point, I'd be wary of
RedDwarf entering Incubation without progress being made in that
direction.

I mean, who knows - if someone came along with a new project to
implement such a generic framework, I think we'd want to incubate *that*
project and encourage RedDwarf to port to it. I don't see why we should
decide now that RedDwarf will be the basis that generic framework.

Cheers,
Mark.