[openstack-tc] [OpenStack-TC] Agenda item proposal

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Apr 25 21:26:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM, John Griffith
<john.griffith at solidfire.com>wrote:

[snip]

My position on this has been pretty simple (albeit unpopular) that if it's
> supported by the reference implementation (LVM Driver) and it's a core API
> call then those are your requirements.

[snip]

You guys sure have fun while I am asleep!

I agree with what seems to be the concensus here... Its important for core
functionality to work similarly across drivers as much as is technically
possible. We need to focus on the user experience here, and consistency is
what they want -- its less surprising when they move environments. Also, if
behaviour changes between drivers, doesn't that massively increase the
amount of documentation we need to write?

Finally, I think we need to remind the driver authors that there might be
more than one storage vendor in a simple implementation. This makes
consistency even more important.

Michael