[Openstack-stable-maint] Approval procedure

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Wed Jul 23 13:00:06 UTC 2014

On 7/23/14, 11:41 AM, "Ihar Hrachyshka" <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote:

>On 23/07/14 00:03, Aaron Rosen wrote:
>> Hi Ihar,
>>
>> I had directly approved those patches as they were just reviewed
>> and merged into master (they were also pretty trivial bugs imo).
>> I'll wait for another +2 though in the future.
>
>Not everything from master belongs to stable branches though, and
>there is a reason why stable maintainers' team is different from
>per-project core team.

The patches above were something that was needed to get into the stable
version. The problem with the stable version at the moment is that patches
are back ported (which are fixing issues that break open stack) and these
are not being reviewed.

I think that in this case Aaron took the initiative and pushed code that
was an important fix.

It would be nice if we were all involved in getting he stable review
cadence back again. If not then we really need to reevaluate the situation.

A luta continua