[Openstack-stable-maint] Stable/havana release schedule, summi session followup

Adam Gandleman adamg at canonical.com
Fri Nov 8 09:48:27 UTC 2013

Hi-

The Icehouse release schedule has been finalized this afternoon and it
looks like Icehouse will release on April 17th.  With that, I think we
can plan on the proposed release schedule for stable/havana:

2013.2.1 Dec 2
2013.2.2 Feb 6
2013.2.3 Apr 3
2013.2.4 TBD after Icehouse release

That leaves 2 weeks between the 2013.2.3 release and Havana.  This gives
us a bit more room to deal with any release period craziness and should
hopefully avoid the chance of a delay causing the point release to drop
on the same day as Icehouse.  Thoughts?  I've updated the wiki [1] with
these dates.

We also have one more pending stable/grizzly release (2013.1.5) that we
left with a TBD release date.  Now that H is out, when should we
release?  I propose scheduling it somewhere around the release of the
first stable/havana cut, either one week prior or one week after?

In terms of scheduling of release duties, I think the pattern we
followed last cycle worked well.  There were no volunteers stepping up
during the design summit to help for stable/havana, so it looks like its
between Alan and myself.  I propose one of us take on the first
stable/havana release while the other takes care of the final
stable/grizzly release.  Alan, which would you like?

Other notes and TODOs captured on the summit etherpad [2]

Thanks,
Adam

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranchRelease
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-havana-ideas