[Openstack-stable-maint] Patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/17036/

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Wed Nov 28 18:31:29 UTC 2012

Mark, Gary and I had talked about only the Quantum-side change yesterday.
 We were on the fence due to the volume of code change, but decided that we
could go forward.

The ugliness of the Nova-side changes kind of tip the balance in my mind
against putting this in stable/folsom.  While the proposal of a new
vif-driver would work, I think that Daniel is right in saying that we are
in this problematic situation b/c this is really a small
feature masquerading as a bug-fix.  This wouldn't be the first time a small
feature is pushed into a stable branch, but I think we all need to be
convinced that it is a big win in order to do so.

Dan

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt