[Openstack-sigs] [meta] How SIG work gets done?

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 16:51:21 UTC 2017

Observation: One typical concern voiced regarding a requirement from a
working group/team, organization, deployer, end-user, etc is that there are
no guarantees for requirements to even be considered let alone being
implemented. Comments regarding this generally center around developers
will work on what they are paid to work on. This assumes something that may
be pushing more folks away at times and that is a) we have a paywall or
pay-to-play model, b) we do not/have not had any folks contributing out of
the spirit of open-source, and c) if you are a small IT shop you have no
chance of being heard.

Question: What "safeguards" are in place to ensure SIGs are not going to go
down this same path?

Suggestion(s): I have heard a couple of things which may help but primarily
I wanted to get the conversation started. Here is one, require cross-SIG
and non-cross-SIG proposals to be prioritized and at least one
blueprint/proposal be put in a cycle, granted it has gone through
appropriate vetting, per project?

--
Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman
mrhillsman at gmail.com
mobile: (832) 264-2646

Learner | Ideation | Belief | Responsibility | Command