[Openstack-sigs] [self-healing] Storyboard for tracking SIG actions?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 6 15:30:35 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-04 18:06:15 -0600 (-0600), Melvin Hillsman wrote:
> Sorry to throw my .02 in so late. For sake of consistency personally I
> think it makes more sense to have sig-... as it would be easier to parse in
> code; if I was looking to codify something dependent on the name. Would a
> regex/search/filter be more efficient knowing to look first for all sig-*
> versus *-sig?

To me the weightiest argument so far was where Ed mentioned (earlier
up thread) that the API SIG is using [api-sig] as a mailing list
subject tag, and the related suggestion that if a SIG has a general
project/repo name in Storyboard and Gerrit then you probably want
them consistent with things like ML tags.

The main up-side I can see to standardizing on a sig- prefix instead
of a -sig suffix is that they sort adjacent in any list of unrelated
entries.
--
Jeremy Stanley