[Openstack-sigs] [meta] [ansible] Initial cut of Ansible SIG on SIGs wiki page; next steps

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Aug 1 17:57:16 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Robyn Bergeron's message of 2017-08-01 10:23:49 -0700:
> Greetings:
>
> I've taken a first swag at what the Ansible SIG would look like on the SIG
> wiki page, listed under Proposed SIGs:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_SIGs#Ansible
>
> Feedback welcome on what I've listed; it may be a bit more context than
> what is needed, but I suspect once I've moved on to making an actual wiki
> page for the SIG itself and getting all the other infrastructure details in
> place (rather than TBD), most of this can move into the wiki page -- and
> the SIGs page can be updated to say that it's active, and just provide the
> minimal description and pointers.
>
> Next steps as I see them:
>
> * Contact my short list of victims, err, highly likely collaborators who
> have previously expressed interest to make sure this is in-line with what
> they'd like to see, and get one of them to be a co-chair; have them sanity
> check a draft announcement and the list of mailing lists / teams to tag in
> sending an announcement
> * Create a wiki page, populated at least with the information listed in the
> Proposed SIG wiki space
> * Get an irc channel

We're bursting at the seams already with channels, and reaching the
bounds of what can be logged. Does each SIG need its own channel? In
this particular case, there are already a few related channels that
could be reused, but in other cases do we want to use #openstack or
#openstack-sig?

> * Create an initial meeting agenda
> * Create a poll (somewhere? doodle?) to determine IRC meeting times that
> will be the least likely to conflict with other meetings and the lives of
> people who want to come
> * Send announcement to sanity-checked list of places / teams; include wiki
> info, targeted week of first meeting, poll for picking a specific meeting
> time, reminder to join the SIG mailing list and use the [ansible] tag
> * Have a meeting. Have more meetings! But probably every other week,
> because there are lots of meetings already.

We're also going through a transition of encouraging teams to *not*
meet, but to do work asynchronously using mailing lists. So you could
skip the scheduling stuff and just starting having conversations on this
list. It's up to the participants, of course.