[Openstack-sigs] [meta] [ansible] Initial cut of Ansible SIG on SIGs wiki page; next steps

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 17:23:49 UTC 2017

Greetings:

I've taken a first swag at what the Ansible SIG would look like on the SIG
wiki page, listed under Proposed SIGs:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_SIGs#Ansible

Feedback welcome on what I've listed; it may be a bit more context than
what is needed, but I suspect once I've moved on to making an actual wiki
page for the SIG itself and getting all the other infrastructure details in
place (rather than TBD), most of this can move into the wiki page -- and
the SIGs page can be updated to say that it's active, and just provide the
minimal description and pointers.

Next steps as I see them:

* Contact my short list of victims, err, highly likely collaborators who
have previously expressed interest to make sure this is in-line with what
they'd like to see, and get one of them to be a co-chair; have them sanity
check a draft announcement and the list of mailing lists / teams to tag in
sending an announcement
* Create a wiki page, populated at least with the information listed in the
Proposed SIG wiki space
* Get an irc channel
* Create an initial meeting agenda
* Create a poll (somewhere? doodle?) to determine IRC meeting times that
will be the least likely to conflict with other meetings and the lives of
people who want to come
* Send announcement to sanity-checked list of places / teams; include wiki
info, targeted week of first meeting, poll for picking a specific meeting
time, reminder to join the SIG mailing list and use the [ansible] tag
* Have a meeting. Have more meetings! But probably every other week,
because there are lots of meetings already.
* Start getting things done!

Anything I'm missing? Thoughts?

-robyn