[openstack-qa] Tempest directory restructure proposal

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Wed May 8 03:57:46 UTC 2013

On 05/08/2013 01:49 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 05/07/2013 03:44 PM, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
>> On 05/08/2013 01:03 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
>>> As a follow up to our session on Tempest Best Practices at the summit, I'm beginning down
>>> the path of the restructure of the Tempest repository, trying to go with a "get a README
>>> approved first, then do" approach.
>>>
>>> So here is the first review - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28453/
>>>
>>> Please provide your feedback, either in the review, or here on list. And once that is
>>> approved and in, I'll go forward with doing some incremental changes. My theory on
>>> order is:
>>>
>>> cli
>>> scenario
>>> stress
>>> 3rdparty
>>
>> Can you please elaborate what did you have in mind here? 3rd party 'companies' ?
>
> Sure, please look at the review,

Sorry, will do. I was just hitting the hay when I saw this message & wrote a quick response.

> it should enlighten things. Basically a place for tests
> which test 3rdparty APIs that OpenStack implements in core. They by definition aren't the
> OpenStack API, but have a place in our test suites.
>
> At one level I think about each directory as a chance to write a different set of hacking
> rules that will automatically enforce which libraries can be used to ensure they stay pure.

Thanks for this detail. Much clearer.

PS: Can I request you to please wrap your mailer? It's a bit difficult to read long lines.
If you're using thunderbird as email client, to wrap long lines of an email to make it
more readable:

=====
1] Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Click on "Config Editor..."
2] Click on "I'll be careful, I promise!"
3] Search for the string -- mailnews.wraplength -- and edit that value to 90 (or 80 or
whatever you prefer)
=====
(I do not recall if you have to restart thunderbird or not)

If you prefer long lines intentionally, then please disregard this email.

--
/kashyap